HELLO THERE PEOPLE! Hope you guys are doing great throughout your day. Would you like to know about HOW TO PLAY & FUNCTION PS4 ON LAPTOP SCREEN?
So I see you are here searching about if you can and how to play and function PS4 on your laptop screen. No worries about that now, as you are in the right place to know what you are actually looking for.
In this article, I will tell you if you can function and play PS4 on your laptop, and how to do it step by step.
Well, it is true that you can run and play PS4 on your laptop, but that is a little tricky. If you think your laptop is having a much better screen than the LED at your house or for whatever reason you want to be using and playing Play Station 4 on that laptop’s screen of yours, then you will need to fulfil a particular functional requirement.
Make sure you have these functional things that will help you proceed with your procedure of running Play Station 4 on laptop’s screen.
- Play Station 4
- HDMI with dual functioning feature
- Dual Shock remote controller
- Micro USB cable
- Internet Connectivity
It is actually not possible to connect and function Play Station 4 directly to the laptop because the HDMI port (High Definition Multimedia Interface) on your laptop or computer is typically unidirectional, which means that the HDMI takes input or output only.
Being unidirectional, HDMI port only displays the content of the laptop screen through the HDMI port to the external monitor you want to connect to. And to do that, your laptop must the video input and HDMI input on your computer. play & function PS4 on laptop screen issue will build up a link with the Play Station 4 for you.
You will need a female DVI-D, a male video adapter along with a DVI cable if you want to use your laptop’s screen for playing Play Station 4. Dell Laptop Screen Goes Black But Still Running Then only you can get a video from Play Station 4 contained by something that the screen of your laptop can handle easily.
HOW HDMI WORKS TO TAKE INPUT ON THE LAPTOP
The main reason for the recognition and the popularity of USB ports among people is their importance of usage, because of which they are giving no response or even a look to the other alternative options that are available.
Different laptops have and support different ports, that are a broad trend of the laptops. HDMI works as an audio or video standard interface which is used to transfer the uncompressed data whether it is audio or video.
Laptops have a particular port for the HDMI cable input, to plug the cable into the port which is situated at the back of the console where it is turned off.
Amazing guide: How to Unlock Keyboard on Laptop Tips To Know
When you turn on the gaming console, the laptop will automatically vary the source of input for the screen of the laptop to output which is being transferred from your gaming console itself.
SALVAGED LAPTOP CONNECTIVITY WITH PLAY STATION 4
If you have an old laptop and want to connect that laptop with your Play Station 4 with a direct connection of Laptop LCD with adapter then I am sorry to say it is not possible.
The possible and working option is to use an inverter with the conservative LCD and a backlight, including a power supply in order to run and process the backlight of the screen and the HDMI to LVDS converter.
Helpful guide: How to Use Laptop Screen as Monitor Tips To Know
CONNECTIVITY OF LAPTOP WITH PLAY STATION 4
You will be required a USB based HDMI, in order to capture the video that is connected with the laptop or computer. Such as used for live streaming, streaming and twitch.
There are lower-cost devices and better quality devices. Lower cost devices are around $50 to $70, whereas the higher cost devices are worth $150 to $200 or even more than play & function PS4 on a laptop screen. If you don’t have a powerful machine or powerful GPU, then they might be leggy sometimes.
To get the signals you can directly connect your Play Station 4 to the HDMI output port of the laptop you want to connect with and How To Fix Cracked Laptop Screen Without Replacing It.
And there are other options that can have used for the connection as well, like a video capture card along with HDMI input. This method is going to be heavy on your wallet.
- Video Capture Card
- Internet Connection, whether Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- File sharing to be enabled
- HDMI cable
Follow the steps below:
- You have to enable file sharing first, and for that, you have to go to SETTINGS in the PlayStation 4 menu. Find and go to NETWORK SETTINGS, and there you find and open INTERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS. Find your router there and connect your Play Station 4 with it. Don’t worry if you don’t have a wireless connection. You will have to use Ethernet cables to connect your Play Station 4 and Laptop to the same router. Then you will be able to stream between Play Station 4 and Laptop.
- Video Capture card has required to connect your PS4 to a laptop for gameplay easily. You will have to connect the Video Capture Card to the laptop through a USB port. Install the software for the Video Card that came along with it in order to function correctly without any problem.
- Connect your Play Station 4 Console with the Video Capture Card. You will need an S-video connection cable to connect the video card with the Play Station 4. And then on the capture card connect the HDMI IN, and on the Play Station 4 HDMI OUT.
- Now, run the application that as came along with the Video Capture Card and turn on your Play Station 4. That software will search for the Play Station 4 and will display that option on the laptop screen. Make sure if that application which came with Video Capture Card is in Full-Screen Mode, in order to display the full resolution, it should be on full-screen mode.
You will be able to configure and connect your laptop to stream gameplay from your Play Station 4 with ease and speed with these above-mentioned steps. Hope these steps will help you through your process.