Today, the world revolves around technology. Many people who work in company offices or multinational corporations require the need to create extensive and widespread presentations. This is part of their everyday routine.
Presentations are displayed on projectors in-office meetings. For these office workers, PowerPoint is a very significant tool. Although there are multiple PowerPoint software available, Microsoft PowerPoint remains to be the best and most top-rated.
What is PowerPoint?
PowerPoint is a comprehensive presentation creation platform. It provides users with everything needed to create a professional-looking and attractive presentation. This platform offers word processing, illustrating, drawing, graphing, and presentation organization tools. These all features are designed to be easy to absorb and apply to create mind-blowing presentations.
Overview of PowerPoint
The following points give you a quick overview of what you can do in PowerPoint:
- PowerPoint allows you to create presentations in a series of slides. These slides can also be presented as overhead transparencies.
- This software allows you to print handouts, outlines, and speaker’s notes.
- The slides of the presentation can be formatted through the powerful Slide Master.
- It allows you to import your creations made by Word or Excel into the slides.
Presentations are a source of conveying your imagination into the slides using PowerPoint. These presentations comprise text, images, animation, and much more to maximize readability. But all this is only possible if you have an appropriate laptop capable of running PowerPoint seamlessly. This would ensure eye-catchy and impressive presentations made with a high level of comfort.
PowerPoint has thus become an integral part of business life. It is because of this reason that office workers always move around with their laptops as they require the need to create presentations anywhere, anytime.
So, to inform, educate, inspire, and persuade internal and external audiences, we have reviewed 10 best laptops that work remarkably well for creating presentations on PowerPoint. Along with it we have answered a few most frequently asked questions to entertain all your queries!
List Of Best Laptops for Presentation
1. ACER ASPIRE 5
2. Dell XPS 13
3. Microsoft Surface Pro 4
4. Apple MacBook Air Retina
5. Dell Inspiron i3567
6. Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
7. Huawei MateBook X Pro Signature Edition
8. Newest HP 15.6-inch HD Touchscreen
9. Lenovo ThinkPad X1
10. Apple MacBook Air
What is PowerPoint used for?
PowerPoint is a computer platform that lets users craft and display slides in a presentation. These presentations are a combination of text, graphics, and online content. They assist in creating a professional-looking, decent presentation.
Is PowerPoint good for presentations?
To gain the audience’s attention and develop attraction in a presentation, PowerPoint is the most efficient tool. It makes presentations entertaining with the use of multimedia content. On PowerPoint, you can add images, audio, and video to make the presentation more impactful.
The advantage of adding multimedia content enhances the interaction and improvisation of the creator with the audience. The advantage of creating presentations via PowerPoint is to convey your imagination in the form of slides and make yourself understandable to the team you are working with.
What is the best laptop for presentations?
There are quite a few laptops in the market that are great for using PowerPoint. But the best ones are:
- Dell XPS 13
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1
- Dell Inspiron 11 3000
- Apple MacBook Pro
- Acer Aspire 5
- Microsoft Surface Pro
How much RAM do I need for PowerPoint?
These are the following minimum requirements for seamless running of PowerPoint 2013 or all Office platforms.
- A 1-GHz x86 or x64 processor
- 1GB of RAM for 32-bit systems
- 2GB of RAM for 64-bit systems
- 3GB of hard drive space
How can I use PowerPoint on my laptop?
These are the steps to follow in order to use PowerPoint on the laptop.
- Step 1 – Open Microsoft PowerPoint
- Step 2 – Go to File option in the top menu bar and select ‘New’
- Step 3 – When the ‘New Presentation’ dialog box appears, select the option ‘From Design Template.’ This opens a variety of templates, you can choose whatever template you wish to work on.
- Step 4 – Click on ‘Design’
- Step 5 – Click on ‘Slide Layout’
- Step 6 – Add text if required
- Step 7 – Add pictures or graphics if required
In this way you can multiple of slides according to your plans and preferences.
How much average battery life is a must for PowerPoint laptops?
A minimum of 6-hour battery life is a must for laptops that are bought specially for the PowerPoint presentations to be commonly made and showcased on your office’s projectors.
What equipment is required to show a PowerPoint presentation?
Following are the essential equipment required to display a PowerPoint presentation.
- Projector and replacement bulb
- Mouse and mouse pad
- Apt cables, with a dual mini plug if you have a boom box for sound
Is PowerPoint free on a laptop?
Getting access to Microsoft PowerPoint and other main Office software is free through the web. The most basic and only essential thing required to get access to the Office apps is to a Microsoft account. This can easily be created on Office.com, or you can log into the one that you have already created.
How can I make my PowerPoint presentations amazing?
Following are some of the ways to make your PowerPoint presentations amazing, readable, interactive, and attractive:
- Build your slides at the end.
- Don’t try to copy others’ ideas. Showcase your own ideas and be innovative.
- Use a theme that is attractive and consistent at the same time.
- Images give a presentation clean finish rather than adding text that is unreadable and boring.
- Do not mix a lot of stories in a single slide. Use one slide for one story and be precise.
- When displaying a presentation to the group or team, reveal one bullet at a time to ultimately create suspense and certainty.
- Use the 2/4/8 rule. This means do not let your slide take more than 2 minutes to be reviewed, use only 4 bullets per slide, and every bullet should only comprise 8 words. This rule aids in maximizing audience.
How do I project a PowerPoint presentation on my laptop?
In order to display a PowerPoint presentation to your laptop, press the Windows key plus P. this will open a box. Select the ‘Display’ option that you would like to project and click on ‘Computer’ only. This will make sure to display your desktop on the main screen only.
How do you create an effective PowerPoint presentation?
To create an effective and impactful PowerPoint presentation, follow the following tips.
- The Slide Master option allows you to make basic and constant design templates.
- Use simple and easy to understand features and also limit the number of words per slide.
- Avoid using punctuations in your presentations and do not use capital letters in the words.
- The text and background should complement and contrast each other, hence use different colors for both.
- To make your presentations simple and decent, do not use weird transitions like text fly-ins etc.
How do I get my computer to display on a projector?
Press the Windows plus ‘P’ key. This will open a list of options on your screen. Choose ‘Duplicate’ to display the laptop’s screen both on laptop, TV, or your room’s LCD projector. However, you might face the need to adjust your laptop’s resolution.
By going through the detailed review and frequently asked questions, you must be well-equipped with all the necessary information required for buying a laptop specifically for creating PowerPoint presentations. All the laptops that are mentioned are modern and offer some great features. You can easily choose whichever you want.
Although laptops are basically just a chunk of a machine, it is so much efficient that people spend days and nights on it creating the perfect presentations. With time, you develop a bond of friendship with your laptop, its looks, and the comfort that it provides. So it is unhelpful to buy a laptop in a hurry and end up regretting your decision later.
Presentations are an important aspect of some people’s lives, mainly the ones working in large business companies. Their performance and success are based on their presentations. That is why you must think properly and be sure of what you actually want. Look for a laptop that’s best-suited for you. With so many choices in the market, you can get overwhelmed to find the perfect match. The key is to search a lot and you will most definitely find the best laptop that fulfills your needs!